Please refer to the following Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about CrossFit 859. Please contact us anytime if you have additional questions.
CrossFit 859 is home to men and women of all ages with a variety of athletic and non-athletic backgrounds. We offer small group classes led by certified trainers (at a fraction of the cost of any other personal training out there). Our fitness programming presents athletes of all levels with mental and physical challenges which we know from real-world evidence will produce better results than any other program out there. Please note that we scale our workouts to your athletic ability.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit benefits everyone from the couch potato to the elite athlete. We believe fitness means being able to perform well in different movements and different time intervals. CrossFit athletes can perform well in a variety of different events. Our programming delivers clear results which are measurable and comparable. We burn fat like crazy and create the world’s best athletes with a scientifically-backed, evidence-based approach to fitness. CrossFit is designed around the following concepts:
- Constantly Varied: Routine is the enemy and neglects key development areas. Wonder why you spend hours in a traditional gym with no results? Your body gets really good at doing one routine at the expense of becoming a well-rounded athlete.
- Functional Movements: We mix together functional full-body exercises that mimic you lifting things off the ground, sitting and standing, pulling and pushing in the real world. In the gym, this means movements like cleans, jerks, snatches, squats, pullups, deadlifts, muscle ups, rowing and running, because your body is made for them.
- Done at High Intensity: Our workouts rarely last longer than 20 minutes because, based on firm scientific research, high intensity training burns more fat and develops strength and conditioning better than traditional training programs.
What will CrossFit 859 offer me?
- Small-group, semi-private classes provide a careful and customized approach to your unique fitness abilities and goalsCertified trainers teach you new functional movements and motivate you throughout the process
- Short workouts lasting typically under 20 minutes
- Organic fitness -use your body’s bio-mechanics, not overbuilt machines, to achieve results that help you in the real world
- Variety – you will not be bored because our workouts are rarely repeated
- Measurable results which improve over time and increase performance in any sport(s) in which you compete
How do I get started?
Visit our Get Started page to learn your options.
Why is membership more expensive than [insert gym name here]?
The short answer is “it’s not.” The cost of gyms and health clubs don’t include personalized small group training. They can have thousands of members because they know you won’t use the gym. Our higher prices reflect our commitment to offering you the best possible personal fitness training. Think about how much small group sessions or personal training sessions cost you ($20 to $100/hour). At CrossFit 859, we charge our members less than $10 per class which is a great deal. Remember, we don’t just show you a machine and tell you to use it, we work with you, teach you new movements, focus on your specific goals and make sure that you are reaping the benefits of CrossFit.
Is CrossFit a franchise?
CrossFit represents a community of certified trainers and affiliates who have dedicated themselves to developing the best fitness program in the world. We have to pay a fee to use the CrossFit name and all of our trainers have been through official CrossFit certifications. We receive a huge benefit by being part of this community and think it’s well worth it. Unlike a franchise, we don’t have to operate our business in any specific way, so we’ve designed CrossFit 859 with local needs in mind.